Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Saving a Newsvine Comment

In case this is lost in the ether:

In comment to http://rachelmaddow.newsvine.com/_news/2008/10/27/2045858-talk-me-down-is-early-voting-an-early-indicator

In your on-air piece about this, many in Senator Obama's crowd cheered as an indication that they had already voted early. It's not surprising that those who had already voted did not then proceed to nearby voting booths to vote again.

As for me, I'm stubbornly holding out to vote on Election Day. That way I know my vote is not lost in the mail or otherwise prevented from being counted. I've checked online that nothing has happened to my registration since the Democratic primary for lesser races a few months ago, and have never had a problem voting at the elementary school near my home. In fact, the poll workers have always been nice, and the wait has always been short, although I'm not expecting the latter this time. So no, my vote won't be an early indicator, but it will be there when it's really needed. I'm also hoping to volunteer as a poll monitor, to make sure other people's votes are counted as well.

No comments: